Saturday, May 8, 2010

Yeast-less Dinner Rolls

I have an issue with yeast.  For some reason I always struggle with getting my dough to rise.  I have created many loaves and rolls that are dense enough to kill someone!  For me, this wouldn't be a huge issue, except I married a man who LOVES carbs.  He'd eat bread or rolls with every meal if he could.  So I'm always looking for quick dinner roll recipes that I can't screw up!

Here's a great one (these aren't true dinner rolls, they are more like biscuits, but they are tasty, light and easy!):

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise (yes, mayo, seriously - its in place of oil and eggs)

1. Preheat your over to 350°F.  Lightly grease 6 cups in a muffin pan with light cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, milk, and mayonnaise. Spoon dough into the 6 muffin pan cups.
3. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes in the oven, keeping an eye on them until they are golden brown.

Makes 6 dinner rolls.


I have a much more complicated but wonderful dinner roll recipe as well, that I'll post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment