Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome!/Easy Fruit Dip

Hey everyone!  My name's Hilary.  I'm a part-time social worker, stay-at-home mom, and an obsessed cook.  I've always cooked, but in the last year I've had more free time and have started experimenting in the kitchen.  I don't claim to be a great cook - I still struggle to chop onions evenly and I can't mince at all, but I can make food work.  I can stare at a bare cupboard and still pull out enough to create a meal for my family.  I can take recipes from cookbooks, the internet, friends and make them either healthier, tastier or both!

I will always put the original recipe link if possible and then add the changes I make!  My changes and measurements aren't always exact but I'll try to make them easy to follow!


To begin, here's one of the fastest, simplest dessert dips you can make.  Super healthy, and everyone loves when I bring this to a party!

Fruit dip:
1 small container low-fat cool whip
1 1/2 pack of sugar-free, fat-free instant vanilla pudding
2 small vanilla yogurts (preferably low-fat to make the dip a little healthier)

Stir together by hand or mixer.  Chill for an hour.  Serve with any fruit (I like strawberries and apples).  Serves about 6-8 people.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hilary,

    I've been reading your dad's blog for years, so I decided to stop by when he posted a link to yours. I love quick and easy recipes - hope you continue and share lots of them!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Definitely tell your friends... :D

    ReplyDelete