Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wonderful Amazing Chocolate Raspberry Mousse

Kraftfoods.com has the best recipes.  I found this recipe for chocolate raspberry mousse several years ago and I have made it numerous times for events.  It is seriously yummy and easy.  The original recipe has 230 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving, but I make several changes that make it healthier!  You can find this directly at http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chocolate-raspberry-mousse-dessert-54314.aspx.

Here's the original recipe (my changes are in bold):


Chocolate Raspberry Mousse


Prep time 20 minutes, total time 3 hours 20 minutes, Makes 12 servings
 
10 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1 cup) *I use reduced-fat Oreos
2 Tbsp.  butter or margarine, melted *I use margarine
3/4 cup cold milk *I've used 1% and 2% milk, both work equally well
1 pkg.  (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding *I use sugar-free, fat-free, still good!
1 tub (12 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided *I use low-fat Cool Whip
3/4 cup  raspberry jam *This much jam makes it very rich, I often use more like 1/2 cup of jam.  I'd add 1/2 cup first, then add more jam if you'd like it stronger.
 
Directions
MIX cookie crumbs and butter (margarine) in 8-inch square dish; press firmly onto bottom of dish.
POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 min. Gently stir in 1/3 of the whipped topping; spoon evenly over crust.
SPOON jam into medium bowl; stir until smooth. Gently stir in remaining whipped topping; spread evenly over pudding layer. Cover. (I put fresh raspberries on the top to make it more "fancy"). Refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours. Cut into 12 pieces to serve. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

Try this out, it is so tasty and everyone's shocked that I make it with low-fat everything!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment